a Pokémon Community that will keep growing.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Calm Sub Sylveon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sora

PostSubject: Calm Sub Sylveon   Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:16 pm

This set is sort of a lot like my Reuniclus set:

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Trait: Cute Charm
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpAtk
- Calm Mind
- Substitute/Wish
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball/Psyshock

Much like my Reuniclus, this set relies on its natural bulk in SpDef and decent HP with investments to further increase it's HP and a boost to it's Def to help give it overall survivability. It's very nice base SpAtk of 110 is no laughing matter unboosted, but let it set up a Calm Mind or two, and it's SpAtk can easily allow it to OHKO a threat like Gengar, especially with the current prominence of Gengar in the current gen. And with the investment in Def, you can survive an unassisted STAB Poison Jab even without the Substitute up. Moonblast is the obvious STAB, and with a base power of 95, it can take down Pokémon like Chesnaut or even an Azumarill with ease. Shadow Ball is the obvious cover move, allowing for Sylveon to check threats such as Gengar, and handle threats with Nidoking, especially with a Calm Mind or behind a sub. Psyshock is there to take out the obligatory poison type, which has littered the metagame since the advent of the fairy type. Substitute is obviously for hiding while setting up Calm Mind. For those who prefer healing over hiding, Wish is a great alternative. Just remember to play safe, and not get greedy, as greed can easily shut down this Pokémon, especially when it's speed leaves something to be desired.

Last edited by Sora on Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fluffbukkit.info
reshiramrocks

PostSubject: Re: Calm Sub Sylveon   Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:38 pm

"Shadow Ball is the obvious cover move, allowing for Sylveon to check threats such as gengar or Nidoking" nidoking doesnt get checked by shadow balls at all lmao. honestly, i think psyshock is better because it hits spdef pokes like blissey and also hits for super effective damage against poison types (especially toxicroak, since poison jab croak can beat that sylveon 1v1). Also a moonblast with 4 spattack investment wont do much damage to the normal max HP max attack banded azumarill while it can 2hko the sylveon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Calm Sub Sylveon   Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:42 pm

Not checking via super effective hit, but it does deal signifigant damage to one, especially if boosted. It is also to help deal with the obvious Aegislash that EVERYONE has. Plus, this Sylveon set has handled Nidoking VERY well for me.
Back to top Go down
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Calm Sub Sylveon   Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:42 pm

As for Azumarill, it has also handled that well for me.
Back to top Go down
Sabata

PostSubject: Re: Calm Sub Sylveon   Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:46 pm

This is the exact same set i run for my sylvy, except i run psyshock and wish instead of shadowball and sub. It runs very well and is pretty hard to take down
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Calm Sub Sylveon   Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:53 pm

Sabata wrote:
This is the exact same set i run for my sylvy, except i run psyshock and wish instead of shadowball and sub. It runs very well and is pretty hard to take down
Noted. Added suggestion to the set.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calm Sub Sylveon   

Back to top Go down

Calm Sub Sylveon
Page 1 of 1