Poké Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a Pokémon Community that will keep growing.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pokemon Adventures: Soul - Chapter 1

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Pokemon Adventures: Soul - Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Adventures: Soul - Chapter 1   Pokemon Adventures: Soul - Chapter 1 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 am

All credit goes to SoulXCross, or Soul, for writing the fanfic. I am merely just posting the chapters for him.

Please continue to post your reviews for me! And please pass along my story to friends if you think it's really good. The more views/reviews I get, the more I write :Dthanks!

Link to full fanfic: Click here

Prologue:

My name is Soul. My mother died giving birth, so I grew up with no mother. My father was the only family I had for a while, and he was an assistant to the great Prof. Rowan at the time. He vowed to take care of me, and of course to show me the wonders of pokemon. Then a funny little accident occurred, when I was only three years old. He got caught in an explosion at a huge facility in Veilstone City, where he was doing research on the legendary pokemon Palkia and Dialga. He died a hero, trying to save as many civilians and pokemon caught in the inferno as possible. I was too young...too weak to do anything. I will never forget that feeling of helplessness... They say that the explosion was due to an evil ploy Team Galactic had cooked up, all under a man by the name of Cyrus. He was defeated by 3 really powerful trainers, and their grand scheme was stopped. Though the sinnoh region was saved…I was now left fatherless and motherless. None of my "relatives" wanted to take me in either. I guess I was too much of a hassle, or just another mouth to feed.

So Prof. Rowan took me in under his wing, to honor my dad. Guess he just felt like he owed my old man or whatever. The other kids my age never played with me, probably because I was an orphan that lived in a science lab, thus labeling me a "freak". I grew accustomed to not having friends, and i decided that people were all rotten at the core. I stayed away from them, only going to school and back to the lab to study hard, and maintain my grades and athleticism on my own. I was a genius in school, unrivaled in any sport or contest, reaching a far more advanced intellect than any of my peers. They mocked me for being such a loner, and eventually moved on to become trainers or breeders, or whatever it was they studied to become. However, I stayed behind, deciding that in order to become a great trainer, I had to learn as much as possible about pokemon.

It was a cool, windy night. I was standing in the midst of Route 201 with Proffessor Rowan. We were studying the pokemon in the area, learning their daily routines and trying to experience the daily life of the pokemon that lived there, and how they maintain natural order and peace among each other. We had been out in the field for the entire day, just watching the pokemon live their lives, as a family…a family I never had a chance to experience. I may not have said it, but deep down, I was jealous of the pokemon. All the pokemon seemed to live freely and happily. Running and playing with their young, and even interacting with each other in complete harmony.

"Soul, I believe that's enough observation for today, can you give me a basic synapse of what we witnessed?" Prof. Rowan asked. I let out a sigh. "The pokemon here learn how to coexist with one another through some sort of team effort. Take the bidoof and the shinx for example," I pointed at the shinx cubs and baby bidoof walking to 2 separate dens. "The bidoof and bibarel help the shinx and luxio obtain water and fish to eat, since shinx and luxio are electric type pokemon, large amounts of water shorts out their power temporarily, making hunting for fish difficult. It appears in exchange for hunting fish to eat for the shinx, the luxio and shinx gather berries and other herbivore related foods for the bidoof. They work together to make ends meet and live happily among one another." nodded, he looked quite pleased with my response. "Now, what observations have you made for yourself? What do you think?" he asked.

This was a personal question. He wanted to see how I think, and feel. As he asked that question, I began to understand that we were not out here for studies, well, not completely. He wanted me to understand companionship, and the power of a bond. "Hmph…my observation is this: Pokemon live together and help each other not out of kindness or respect, but out of necessity…Survival of the fittest, if you will" I began. looked puzzled, "Oh, do go on" he responded.

"It's simple," i said coldly, "if you have something I need, and I have something you need, we will work together to get what it is we want…as long as it is necessary and unavoidable trust, for example…" I pointed my direction away from the bidoof and shinx, looking at the spinarak and staravia. "The staravia sometimes hunt the spinarak, but the ariados sometimes hunt the starly. They pick at each other's young as a form of natural order. It seems cruel of coarse, but it is a necessary evil, the natural balance of life" I said coldly.

let out a deep breath. "You are very right. Soul," he stated, making his way back toward sandgem town. "However, the balance is there for a reason. This is why pokemon evolve; they evolve so they can grow not in just physical form, but to mature their mental state as well! Their bonds to their families and friends and their homes are crucial. In order to protect said young, they fight. Do you see? Working together and protecting something you care about ARE the epitome of life itself," turned back to look at me "Without this, a trainer, no, a living SOUL cannot grow into the being they are meant to become." "Hmph…" I grunted, as I began to follow Prof. Rowan back home.

As we walked back home, we began to talk about the evolution of poliwag, and why it had 2 different final stage evolution's. We tend to debate and compare theory quite often. is very much like a new dad, and I respect him as such, even though we are completely related. As we got to the front of the lab, we stopped short at the steps. "Soul, I have virtually taught you everything I know about pokemon. It is time you started your journey. You must travel the land and learn your own way, and come up with your own ideals." He said.

As much as I knew he was right, I did not want to leave. The truth is I didn't want to go until i was absolutely sure i learned all i can about Pokemon and battles. " …do you think I'm ready?" I said coolly. He nodded and opened the door to the lab. We walked through the door, and he lead me into the laboratory. He turned on the lights, and I could hear the computers starting up and machinery clanking into motion. We walked to the center of the room, where there was a single pokeball being held in a glass capsule. "We have been studying this pokemon for months, we learned a lot from it, and it has learned from us. It is an extremely rare pokemon to find, especially in its special coloring, a perfect choice for you to start with! It's proud, honorable, and loyal." boasted.

He crunched some numbers into the giant machine, and the glass opened up. He took the pokeball out, and tossed it into the air. With a puff of smoke, the ball opened up, revealing a specially colored piplup. The piplup began rubbing its eyes furiously, whilst chirping madly, as though angered from being awoken out of its slumber. handed me the pokeball. "Also, along your journey, I want you to record all your findings, and use this pokedex to help give you an edge in battle against powerful foes. Use it wisely and never lose it!" he said handing me a pokedex. Piplup looked up at us, with a confused glance.

"Piplup…" I walked over to it, and crouched near it, looking it in the eyes. "From here on out, we will watch each others backs. We will grow strong. Together we'll take the league down, and anyone who gets in our way!" The piplup eagerly stood up getting completely riled up with my motivational speech. "I need a leader, someone to take command when I am not around; who can lead as an example…You will be named Emperor, the commander of this team! Tomorrow morning we gather all our needs, and set out, us against the word, you with me?" I held out my hand to piplup. It nodded, and gave me its wing to shake. I placed his pokeball on my waist. "Well now that is settled, I'm going to bed..." yawned , and he left the room.

I looked down at Emperor, and nodded. We left the laboratory to head to my room to get some rest, for tomorrow morning, our journey begins.

Soul, Age 18
Back to top Go down
https://pokenexus.forumotion.com

Pokemon Adventures: Soul - Chapter 1
Page 1 of 1